We were so excited to reopen our doors last summer after a year spent doing a major renovation of the entire lodge! Here are some of the highlights:
- brand new bathrooms, floor to ceiling, with beautifully tiled walk-in showers
- refinished hardwood flooring throughout the entire lodge
- vintage-style tin ceilings gracing the second-floor bedrooms and hallways
- common kitchen space in what was formerly Room 1
- additional table space for spreading out to work remotely in what was Room 1
- brand new mattresses in all rooms, topped by new duvets and bedding
- newly rebuilt front and side porches, staircases, and walkways
- every room freshly painted, brand new blinds, curtains, and newly-upholstered seating
- new ceiling fans in all bedrooms, updated lighting and convenient outlets
So, we’ve been keeping busy making lemonade from lemons this year, so that we can welcome you all back in style!
Our returning guests will find a few changes, which we would like to point out to avoid confusion. You will notice that the rooms now have new names reflecting our Adirondack forest. Room 1 is no longer available as a guest room, as it has been transformed into our guest kitchen and work space. Rooms 3 (Balsam Fir) and 4 (White Pine) now have one queen bed in each, with no extra twin. Rooms 5 and 6 (River Birch) have been joined together into one suite, with its own private bath across the hall. Room 2 (MountainAsh) retains its queen bed and single twin bed in the sitting room, and room 7 (Red Maple) now has a king bed and a twin bed. This has allowed for increased space in all of our rooms for a more comfy private sitting area. The Beede suite now has a small kitchenette in the foyer, complete with full size fridge, microwave, sink, and coffee maker. The Notman suite’s kitchen has been updated as well. The Phelps Cottage has also undergone a major freshening-up, with new siding and windows, refinished hardwood floors, new bathroom floors, new furnishing and a renovated kitchen.
Our beloved breakfast buffet remains exactly the same with our famous Keene Valley Lodge muffins, cheesy scrambled eggs, great coffee, fresh fruit, Dogwood Bakery bread, bagels, hot oatmeal and yogurt.
We are also happy to share with you our son’s “pandemic project”, a wonderful deck down by the river, complete with fire pit and rustic “bar”, a great place to unwind after your hike, or for sipping your coffee in the morning.
We look forward to seeing you all soon! Won’t it feel good to all be together again!